Author Topic: Some Cherry bowls  (Read 2770 times)

woody

Some Cherry bowls
« on: December 01, 2012, 05:55:35 PM »
I am coming to the end of a batch of Cherry I was given about 10 years ago one round salad / fruit bowl 9" x 3" and two wayne edge bowl all finished with Teak oil

Offline woodndesign

• platinum
  • Cannock Staffordshire
Re: Some Cherry bowls
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 10:10:54 PM »

Woody, the top one is 'top' form as usual from you, lovely figure.  the lower piece the flow through is off and not knowing the order you made them, you could have been tired and in need of a tea shot, that the tips could have been a bit thinner.

Two lovely bowls.

David
"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times,"  By Dickens ''''

woody

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012, 11:18:29 PM »

Woody, the top one is 'top' form as usual from you, lovely figure.  the lower piece the flow through is off and not knowing the order you made them, you could have been tired and in need of a tea shot, that the tips could have been a bit thinner.

Two lovely bowls.

David

Yes I agree Dave I think it will be going back on the lathe tomorrow hopefully it hasn't moved to much LOL in fact I made that one after the fruit bowl and I then had a stop for some lunch started with refreshed enthusiasm

Offline woodndesign

• platinum
  • Cannock Staffordshire
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2012, 01:57:05 AM »

Don't mess with it Woody, tis only another blxxxy turner that ever notices and critical of anothers work, the buyer at the end of the day will not.

Cheers   David

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times,"  By Dickens ''''

Offline hughie

• gold
  • The Wooden Potter
    • http://www.facebook.com/TheWoodenPotter
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2012, 02:04:19 AM »
All in all I would say that's a fine lot of turning and I tend to agree with leaving it as it is. Its  only going to be another turner that might notice. :)