Author Topic: Two new thingamajigs  (Read 6661 times)

woody

Re: Two new thingamajigs
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2013, 12:15:22 AM »
Cheers David what ever is easiest for you

Offline woodndesign

• platinum
  • Cannock Staffordshire
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2013, 12:28:59 AM »
Will try (swmbo permit) find time later today ...    ;D ..  it's like Bryans' coin an just who it is that spends the time ...    :( ...

Back to work before someone finds out ..  better clear history !!!! ...   :D ...

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times,"  By Dickens ''''

Offline Les Symonds

• platinum
    • Pren
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2013, 11:30:28 AM »
Hi Woody....I'm in awe of these turnings and look forward to the day when I can even try to emulate them. A couple of questions, if that's ok.
1. How deeply do you hollow them out? I can see from one of the pics that the uppermost shaped is nicely hollowed, but does the hollowing continue down to the sphere.....I can't imagine that the sphere itself is hollow!
2. How well do they hold their shape?

thanks....Les
Education is important, but wood turning is importanter.

woody

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2013, 03:29:57 PM »
Hi Les thank you for your kind comments the hole in the top is just drilled out to leave a thin flute before going to small with the bottom half then I removed all of the waist wood on the top flange till I was happy with it I did hollow some of the inside out but not to much as I still had to define the outer shape down to the stem which I done with tailstock support I hope this helps the whole thing is made up of 3 pieces of wood top, stem and base and the whole thing is very stable including the one made from holly all of the blackwood ones sold quicker than I could make them I was going to make one to keep but as most on here know I had to give up turning so I aint not got one LOL

woody

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2013, 05:26:42 PM »
Here is the article David was referring to in the woodturning mag thank you David for sending the pics to me

Mark Sanger

« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2013, 09:00:49 PM »
Hi Woody

great work.

the bottom of the two looks quite voluptuous or do I need counselling.  :)