Author Topic: AWGB Travelling exhibition  (Read 2638 times)

thebowlerhattedturner

AWGB Travelling exhibition
« on: August 06, 2012, 10:20:14 PM »
Hello All,
            I am sure that you are all familiar by now with the travelling exhibition that the AWGB hosts on their stand at the various shows up and down the country.The area reps have been tasked with collecting potential exhibits from their areas of responsibility so that we may once again have the opportunity to marvel at the work of turners within our organisation. In my particular patch (the SW) I am looking for 10 pieces. So far I have 1 piece with unfulfilled promises of others.Following e-mails to the clubs I have only received 1 reply.
   If you are a paid up member and have a piece of turning of good quality that you would like to exhibit over the next 12 months please get in touch and let me or your rep know so that we may sort out the logistics of getting it delivered.
          This is a golden opportunity to showcase your work to other turners and possibly give those that are new to turning something to aspire to.
Regards
John BHT
SW rep

thebowlerhattedturner

Re: AWGB Travelling exhibition
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 10:29:56 PM »
That,'s OK George, it happens all the time :)
Thanks to the few that have got i n touch with me with offers. I will get back to you but i'm experiencing some problems with my computer at the moment and have to run some diagnostic programs so can't do anything tonight.
Regards
John

thebowlerhattedturner

Re: AWGB Travelling exhibition
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 09:05:47 AM »
Thankyou to all the people that have got in touch following this post.You should all have been contacted by me by now if not hurry up and let me know. To those of you that are entering a piece in the travelling gallery could you please ensure that it is securely wrapped in padding of some sort and suitably boxed.If you have not already sent your forms to Martin or myself please can you do this as soon as possible so that the paperwork our end can be finalised.This includes those of you who are taking your entries to Yandles. I would suggest that your email address somewhere on the form will make life easier when it comes to returning the items to you.
         As a committee member I can assure you that every effort is made to look after your entries and they are safely and securely stored in between shows.
Thankyou
Regards
John R.Boyne-Aitken (BHT)
SW rep