Author Topic: Club website  (Read 3230 times)

thebowlerhattedturner

Club website
« on: July 27, 2012, 04:00:48 PM »
My club is thinking about changing it's website. Unsure of which host to use would those that are involved with their club website be good enough to let me know which hosts or make(?) of website they use.
Thankyou.
Regards
John BHT

Andy Coates

Re: Club website
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 04:41:36 PM »
John, the association use 1&1 and we've always found them competative and helpful.

thebowlerhattedturner

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2012, 08:47:48 AM »
Thanks for that Andy. We will see what happens.
Regards
John BHT

Offline Woodcrafts

• bronze
  • Passing on skills to the next generation
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2012, 09:14:24 PM »
My club is thinking about changing it's website. Unsure of which host to use would those that are involved with their club website be good enough to let me know which hosts or make(?) of website they use.
Thankyou.
Regards
John BHT
Hi John,
I use One.com for my own and one of my club's website hosting (mswa.co.uk),  and the company I worked for used them as well. The key reasons were their transfer speeds, backup regimes and hence reliability but possibly most of all their cost. A 5Gb domain is around £10 a year plus VAT, and domain name registration was about the same but the first year website fee is free and if you use TopCashBack you can get £10 cashback, so it cost you about 50p for the first year!
But they are a web hosting company, not website designers, so someone will have to create your website.
Hope that helps
Regards,
Paul Bellamy - Woodcrafts

Offline Tim Pettigrew

• bronze
    • Converting a garage to a woodturning workshop
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2012, 12:05:53 AM »
Hi John,
I use One.com for my own and one of my club's website hosting (mswa.co.uk),  and the company I worked for used them as well. The key reasons were their transfer speeds, backup regimes and hence reliability but possibly most of all their cost. A 5Gb domain is around £10 a year plus VAT, and domain name registration was about the same but the first year website fee is free and if you use TopCashBack you can get £10 cashback, so it cost you about 50p for the first year!
But they are a web hosting company, not website designers, so someone will have to create your website.
Hope that helps

As web-master for the Wear Valley Woodturners I can also thoroughly recommend One.com as regards cost, ease of management and reliability.

Tim Pettigrew

thebowlerhattedturner

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2012, 08:21:25 AM »
Thankyou all for your replies. All I need to do now is find one of my club members who understands it all :-[
Regards
John BHT

brian street

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2012, 08:32:28 PM »
hi john   weebly.com is worth looking at its free and you can get a free domain name as well

brianpart

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2012, 08:27:32 PM »
I have used 1and1 myself and for the association and find them very satisfactory and helpful.

Best wishes Brian

brianpart

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2012, 08:30:01 PM »
Ihave used 1and1 for both myself and the Association and find them vergood and very helpful.

Cheers Brian

thebowlerhattedturner

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2012, 08:34:48 PM »
Thankyou for all of your replies.
Regards
John BHT