General Category > General Discussion

CL4 and VSLK replacement units

(1/2) > >>

Dave Wraight:
I always knew my Record CL4 was a Friday afternoon job! I had problems right from the start with fittings then 4 years ago just within the 5 year guarantee period the drive shaft sheared off therefore needing a new VSLK speed unit. Now that is playing up and RP now tell me there was no extra guarantee time on that  so suggest a new VSLK unit at £400+. Any suggestions welcome.

Twisted Trees:
Not any help really but there is a complete CL4 with VLSK on Ebay currently listed at £550 and no one has bid on it. As RP are unwilling to guarantee the replacement from 4 years ago if you want to stay with the CL4 it may be a better bet (could have been a Tuesday morning job!) If you are looking to change the £400+ is a fair chunk of change towards a replacement.

Bill21:
You don’t say specifically what is wrong with the VSLK. Sometimes taking the cover off of these control units and carefully cleaning the inside can help. If the problem is related to the potentiometer then these are often not too difficult to replace. There may be other easily replaced components inside the unit as well if you know someone who’s handy with a soldering iron?

Bill21:
If it is a speed related issue, have a look at this thread.

https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/threads/record-variable-speed.102939/

Dave Wraight:
Thanks. Im going to open up the VSLK unit and have a look and possible clean out!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version