Author Topic: latest bowls  (Read 2541 times)

Offline chill

• copper
latest bowls
« on: July 09, 2012, 09:34:51 PM »
Hi, haven`t posted for a while, so here are some recent bowls heavily influenced by George (GBF), the 1st is sycamore and about 7", the next 2 are ash and about 10", all finished with Jo Sonja`s and acrylic lacquer. C&C welcome
Cheers Chris

Frans Brown

Re: latest bowls
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 08:46:10 AM »
These are excellent Chris. I particularly like the blue one with the colour up to and around the rim. I can't believe this is all down to Marks' magic finger though! :D

Frans

Offline Dave Atkinson

• Global Moderator
  • gold
  • Macclesfield
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 08:54:20 AM »
Chris

They look great.  Having just had a go myself I;m looking forward to doing some more as it's just so much fun and I don;t know about you but I have no idea what it's going to look like until it's dry.

Cheers Dave

Offline chill

• copper
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012, 09:59:14 AM »
Hi All, thank you for your comments,
Mark, I now have a wet paint sign  ;D
George, thank you, it was your excellent course with Mark Raby last year and your Blog tutorial that gave me the desire to give these a go!
Frans, the effect of Marks magic finger can never be under estimated :D
Dave, you are right it is fun, and waiting for the colours to dry adds to that, lots more experimenting to come!

Cheers Chris
Cheers Chris

Offline John D Smith

• platinum
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2012, 07:28:41 PM »
Hello Chris,Three very nice coloured Bowls,and I can see no finger marks (Marks) ::) When I did my bowl because I am impatient I have one of these small travel hair dryers so I dry each colour as I go along I also as I mentioned in my previous posting put some grease proof paper between the bowl and the faceplate.I also found the best representation of the true colour of the piece was the photograph taken outdoors.Regards John
John Smith

Offline chill

• copper
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2012, 11:09:27 AM »
Hi John,thank you for your kind comments, I sometimes use a hot air gun to dry the paints but find with the Jo Sonjas it is best to leave it a while because of the slight variations in thickness of the coating, also with these I keep all the paints wet so as they merge together when spun, will look at using grease proof paper, these were photo`d in a light box but will give it ago outside, still experimenting with cameras and lighting
Cheers Chris