General Category > General Discussion

spindle adapter M33 x 3.5mm to 1" 10tpi

(1/5) > >>

Badgerboy:
Hi all. I'm new to turning and just setting up a small workshop. I just bought a SC3 chuck that I cant fine an adapter for (spindle adapter M33 x 3.5mm to 1" 10tpi). Has anyone got any ideas as to where I can find one. I rang Record and they say they have never mad on with a 1" 10tpi but if it's a ripoff it's a good one.

Bill21:
I’m not sure how long the SC3 has been around but all the later ones are clearly marked Record Power. There are however lots of  very similar looking chucks around at the moment. 1” x 10 tpi is not a thread I’ve seen mentioned on a lathe very much. I think a couple of the old British lathes had this thread? If so there won’t be much call for it.

Good luck with your quest and do let us know how you get on, it may help others.

Tim Pettigrew:
Does this fit the bill? https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01N6F1LNA?ie=UTF8&*entries*=0&viewID=&*Version*=1
"Headstock thread adaptor.
To fit onto a lathe with 1" x 10tpi headstock thread.
To mount a scroll chuck (or face plate) with M33 x 3.5mm thread." ???

Badgerboy:
Thanks for the replies
The chuck dose have the Markings on it but Record says it's not theirs and although it was new in the right case I don't know how old it is. The trouble is i bought it on eBay in July and then went in for a hip replacement and only just got back to it.   
The link to Amazon is the opposite to what I need. The headstock is m33 the chuck is 1"

Bill21:
Are you sure it’s a 1” x 10 tpi thread and not the much more common 1” x 8 tpi?

Edit: Looking on eBay that chuck still seems to be available.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version