General Category > Websites, Videos & other sources of interest

Making light pulls

<< < (2/2)

Bill21:
I use ER32 collets a lot in my workshop so I can Chuck up any old piece of round stock hanging about. It’s well worth having a collet Chuck for a woodturning lathe.

Derek:
I have an Axminster one brought second hand with some other bits and pieces.

I use it when I have a few odd bits of small wood to make pull knobs which go into a basket for quick buys. I do like the stepped drill which would save changing drill bits

Barnaby:
I suppose they are a good way to make use of off-cuts and waste timber  :)

Thanks for your replies

Twisted Trees:

--- Quote from: Barnaby on June 17, 2021, 08:31:59 PM ---I suppose they are a good way to make use of off-cuts and waste timber  :)

Thanks for your replies

--- End quote ---

@ £1.50 a pop, simple light pulls bought me a new Lathe and 2.5hp chip extractor powered extraction system in one year. Not to be dismissed out of hand :-)

bodrighywood:

--- Quote from: Twisted Trees on June 17, 2021, 11:31:49 PM ---
--- Quote from: Barnaby on June 17, 2021, 08:31:59 PM ---I suppose they are a good way to make use of off-cuts and waste timber  :)

Thanks for your replies

--- End quote ---

@ £1.50 a pop, simple light pulls bought me a new Lathe and 2.5hp chip extractor powered extraction system in one year. Not to be dismissed out of hand :-)

--- End quote ---

We do high end shows and the little things such as light pulls, tops, basic keyrings etc, all made from the tail end of other jobs provide a nice little earner. Sometimes easy to ignore the bottom line bread and butter things if you are trying to earn money from the craft.

Pete

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version