Author Topic: Anybody there?  (Read 4480 times)

Offline Twisted Trees

• platinum
  • Bristol, UK
    • Twisted Trees
Re: Anybody there?
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2020, 11:14:55 PM »
Today I have been wrestling with a very very old piece of elm, it was once a doorpost, it was probably a doorpost for around 300 years, has bits of rot in it, some impressive splits, which of course have filled with dust and gravel.

I am obliged to create something of sufficient value to ensure that someone will hold on to it for a few decades more, to be fair, I have already held it myself for one of those decades wondering what to do with it! but today I started cutting it, I am re-sharpening so often this piece is going to cost me in tool steel.

But I can't go to the pub, so may as well sharpen my tools, and give it a go.  ;D
TT, AKA Pete, but that name is taken :-)

Offline burywoodturners

• gold
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2020, 08:30:07 PM »
I finished these today, yes with great creativity I made some rainbows! I made these for my wife, daughter, and two lovely ladies who keep bringing me jobs from the local Hospice, this time 100 holding hearts, not many 100 will do. Members are making some and I can now get on with my share.
Ron

« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 08:32:16 PM by burywoodturners »

Offline Derek

• platinum
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2020, 08:47:22 PM »
Been busy and managed to get this lot finally cut out now to straighten some copper wire, bowl is turned so nearly there only to be sidetracked by another piece. Largest piece is only 1" tall