Author Topic: Magnetic pin / paper clip holder  (Read 2761 times)

woody

Magnetic pin / paper clip holder
« on: May 20, 2012, 11:11:11 AM »
I made this the other day out of 3"x3" Imbuya for the wife who has started quilt making I am going to try some different designs  it was good fun to make and I should imagine a good little seller what do you think

Offline Dave Atkinson

• Global Moderator
  • gold
  • Macclesfield
Re: Magnetic pin / paper clip holder
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 11:33:40 AM »
Hi

My missus has just started with quilting as well.  I think it's a great idea.  I'm guessing there is a rare earth magnet buried inside?

Cheers Dave

woody

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2012, 11:57:58 AM »
Hi

My missus has just started with quilting as well.  I think it's a great idea.  I'm guessing there is a rare earth magnet buried inside?

Cheers Dave

Hi Dave it is one of these from ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330721328681?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 they ae only magnetic on one side

Offline Bryan Milham

• Administrator
  • platinum
  • I’ve had my patience tested; I’m negative
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2012, 07:54:58 PM »
Until I read the e-Bay description I was confused by the Magnetic one side only idea. That did not fit with my idea of magnets.

As for the turning, I like the idea better than a pin-cushion and I see nothing wrong with that shape at all. So post more if you improve on it.

Yep, my wife sews, and does a little quilting occasionally so I guess I'd better put one on my 'to make' list.

Oh Lord, Lead me not into temptation…

...Oh who am I kidding, follow me, I know a shortcut!