Author Topic: Woodturning clubs and Minutes of Committee meetings  (Read 7262 times)

csbrown7

Re: Woodturning clubs and Minutes of Committee meetings
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2012, 02:25:31 PM »
Hi George,
 There is nothing that I would like better than for one of the club committee to make comment. I spent over 30 years of my working life gathering, investigating and reporting on the facts.
 They have three courses of action as what I have reported is factual, I have copies of both Agendas and e mails from the chairman. They can stand by there procedings at the AGM as reported and try if they wish to defend them as being fair and reasonable. They could say they got it wrong on this occasion, learn from it and apologise. And of course they could say nothing.
It isn't the time for me to name the club now. These things have a way of coming out in the wash in any case. I am not saying I will not. I am a member of the AWGB as is the club. I await to see what they think of the proceedings. They can contact me at any trime.
 In less than two weeks from now I will be seeing the chairman and other committee members. If nothing is said prior to that then that will be the time for me to decide.
In the meantime I have posted some pictures on the gallery whilst waiting for some glue to dry.

Best wishes
 CSB

Offline Philip Greenwood

• bronze
  • Professional Woodturner. North Yorkshire
    • Woodturning into Art
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2012, 07:06:52 PM »
Hello CSB.

I have watch this topic and read the posts.

This is my view that a forum is not the best place to short out the problem that you have with your club. I can see your frustration but i cant see this is the best way to go, all i see is this could make matters worse.

Regards
Philip

Andy Coates

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2012, 07:45:18 PM »
I have to admit to feeling the same as Philip and I am closing this thread down. Please do not re-post on the same issue.

The issue is between club member(s) and club committee, and whilst the Association will gladly help in any way we reasonably can, this forum is not the place for a one-sided argument.

I hope you can reslove this matter soon. If I can help please contact me directly via cobwebcrafts@btinternet.com

regards,

Andy