Author Topic: pabeo painted hollow form.  (Read 2010 times)

Offline wider

• gold
pabeo painted hollow form.
« on: July 26, 2017, 06:20:21 AM »
a hollow form I turned a little wile ago I decided to use as a tester for the painting with pabeo paints and then using the air brush to spread. this is the outcome from it. all comments welcome.

Offline GBF

• platinum
    • Artistry in wood
Re: pabeo painted hollow form.
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 12:06:01 PM »
It looks like this is on Ash.
I think you could have chosen a better wood like Sycamore is would have been easier to get a sharper edge between the paint and the wood.
Good to see you experimenting

Regards George
The man that never made a mistake never made anything

Offline Les Symonds

• platinum
    • Pren
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2017, 12:16:06 PM »
Good contrast of colours between the wood and the paints, and George makes a fair point about the edges. My only other concern is the colour of the finial.....I wonder how this would have looked if the finial was of the sem timber as the body!
Les
Education is important, but wood turning is importanter.

Offline Dancie

• bronze
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2017, 12:18:00 PM »
Perhaps the finial should've been coloured - just a suggestion  :)
Mistakes are proof that at least you're trying

Offline Mark Sanger

• platinum
    • Mark Sanger Web Site
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2017, 09:45:11 AM »
colourful piece and well turned. For me and just a suggestion, there is little connection between the finial, the main form and colour.

If the finial was black and the cove section coloured the same as the sections on the main form it would connect harmoniously with the main form colours and give an overall balance. At the moment there is too much going on without enough connection.

Just my thoughts, I very much like the idea.

Offline wider

• gold
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2017, 06:46:02 PM »
thank you to all for your comments on this form. I have been considering the comment you said Mark but decided to leave it the way it is. one of the reasons I am doing this is that while at a fair yesterday I was approached by a art gallery owner that is interested in my hollow forms for the gallery and this is one that she likes the most. So in a few weeks I am going to the gallery to discus every thing with her and se exactly what is entailed in it. so thank you all for your help and support in the last few months.

Offline Bryan Milham

• Administrator
  • platinum
  • I’ve had my patience tested; I’m negative
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2017, 01:09:05 PM »
I see these paints while taking SWMBO around various craft exhibitions. I've looked at them and wondered, maybe it's time I took the plunge and bought a set and had a play myself.

Thanks for showing your experiment, keep playing and keep posting. It's good to see how people develop ideas.
Oh Lord, Lead me not into temptation…

...Oh who am I kidding, follow me, I know a shortcut!