Author Topic: Turner with long lathe wanted!  (Read 1878 times)

Offline Paul Hannaby

• platinum
    • Creative Woodturning
Turner with long lathe wanted!
« on: December 08, 2016, 03:01:11 PM »
Posted on behalf of the requester - contact them, not me please!

Hello,

I am looking for someone with the ability to turn 6m sections of chestnut into rounded posts, ideally in the East Anglian or Nottinghamshire area.

Would you happen to know of anyone.

Many Thanks
Tim Bainger
bogglebanker@bewilderwood.co.uk

Guardian of the Bobletts & keeper of the lists
TheTreehouse-Pink

Because we're modern Twiggles we're all webbed up, so look at our website: BeWILDerwood.co.uk
Or if you’d like to speak to me then you can phone 01692 633 033 and 47 or if I’m out and about phone 07918907558
If you're a traditional sort of flower, then you can write to me with pen and ink to: BeWILDerwood, Horning Road, Hoveton, Norfolk, NR12 8JW
We're a proper company though (well our human helpers in the Twiggle Team are anyway) and whilst I don't understand this next bit, it is registered in England No. 5424302 and apparently 'BeWILDerwood' is our trading name relating to Bure Valley Adventures Limited (The Company). How very odd!

Offline Eric Harvey

• platinum
  • Craters project no.1
Re: Turner with long lathe wanted!
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2016, 11:20:55 AM »
6m,my workshop isn`t that long,let alone my lathe hahaha
welcome to my woodturning world

Offline Bryan Milham

• Administrator
  • platinum
  • I’ve had my patience tested; I’m negative
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2016, 08:33:10 PM »
Paul,

Can you check the 6m please, and if it's correct the diameter, because there will be a lot of flexing at that length.
Oh Lord, Lead me not into temptation…

...Oh who am I kidding, follow me, I know a shortcut!

Offline Dave Atkinson

• Global Moderator
  • gold
  • Macclesfield
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2016, 08:53:26 AM »
Hi
if you are able to do anything for this fellow please email him direct.  Paul really doesn't have the time to enquire.  I got the initial enquiry and asked Paul to post it on my behalf.  I've already pointed this chap at the RPT Register.

Thanks Dave

Offline seventhdevil

• platinum
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2016, 01:36:25 PM »
i have already been in touch with this chap and he wants them for a climbing frame.

i pointed out that this would be very expensive and suggested that he look at peeled timber not turned as that should be what he's after since he needs over 100.