Author Topic: Another restoration project  (Read 1570 times)

roofman

Another restoration project
« on: October 12, 2016, 08:03:23 PM »
Hi
 Hope am not boring people, I was rained off this afternoon and at a loose end.  I was going to start to restore another ML8 lathe after my hols,  two weeks. but I found myself in my shed stripping it down. Everything went well apart from removing the headstock.It took me an hour and half but as good old Monty said got there in the end.I will put pics of the lathe up as it was and stripped down. When I start to restore it   I will put progress pictures up.

Thanks Max

roofman

Re: Another restoration project
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 08:40:58 PM »
All ready

Offline Les Symonds

• platinum
    • Pren
Re: Another restoration project
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2016, 10:03:17 PM »
There's a certain empathy of approach between those people who restore lathes like the ML8, and those who restore vintage cars. Ok...we all know that modern versions of both lathes and cars may well give increased capacity and performance, yet we are still grateful that there's a minority of people out there who are prepared to put the hours and the skills into restoring them so that we can wonder and reminisce about them. I wouldn't give a 'Thank you' for an ML8, but that doesn't stop me being grateful that people like you are keeping the marque alive.
Les
Education is important, but wood turning is importanter.