Author Topic: More stock  (Read 1539 times)

Offline bodrighywood

• platinum
    • Bodrighy Wood
More stock
« on: May 04, 2016, 11:43:13 AM »
A few more pieces made for stock for the upcomng shows. They are made from cedar, oak and apple and are all on slate or pebble bases. The cedar has very small split that have been filled wih brass dust and glint in different lights. The oak was wire brushed then ebonised and sanded back a bit. Not too happy with the finial and will probably change it before it goes for sale. The apple...well that was breath holding time for that one LOL. Laburnum one has a piece of stone that is naturally shaped with it. Again a seal...a baby.. whatever you see in it.

C&C welcome as always
Turners don't make mistakes, they have design opportunities

Offline Bryan Milham

• Administrator
  • platinum
  • I’ve had my patience tested; I’m negative
Re: More stock
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2016, 10:55:15 PM »
Pete,

the third one (burnt black one) really appeals to me. Yes the finial needs to meet the wood better but I like the way it twists around itself and spirals upwards. Please don't overwork this while fixing it. (Is it pewter?)

Then the 3 added stones, the one not on the plinth is an act of genius, it leads into the work by matching the other two, while still maintaining it's independence.
Oh Lord, Lead me not into temptation…

...Oh who am I kidding, follow me, I know a shortcut!

Offline Les Symonds

• platinum
    • Pren
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2016, 07:37:53 AM »
The third one is also my favourite, but what I like most of all is that anyone who knows Pete will instantly recognise these as his pieces.

Les
Education is important, but wood turning is importanter.

Offline bodrighywood

• platinum
    • Bodrighy Wood
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2016, 07:41:35 AM »
Thank you Brian and Les. It is strange how the one that I personally have most difficulty with (No 3) seems to be the most popular. Just goes to show how different we all are in our tastes. I think your comment is a compliment Les LOL. Thank you.

Pete
Turners don't make mistakes, they have design opportunities