Author Topic: Insurance  (Read 7715 times)

Offline rick_dobney

• bronze
    • Rick Dobney Woodturning
Re: Insurance
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2016, 07:56:59 PM »
We've been through this dilemma.....there's a lot of £££s of kit in the workshop (garage) that's attached to the house.
We arrange our buildings and contents insurance through Swinton insurance who have found a policy with AXA that does not discriminate between contents that are in the house and those in the workshop (garage)...they're all included in the sum insured. I can't guarantee they'll be the cheapest on the market and to be honest I've had little time or patience to trawl the price comparison sites. Arranging this cover was only a  little more that I'd been previously paying to cover the house alone. I'm happy with the cover provided so I'd suggest a call to them to se what they can offer.

Cheers
Rick

Offline Dave Brookes

• bronze
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2016, 12:31:10 AM »
Thanks Rick, I do need Public Liability insurance as well but will give them a call.

Dave
"Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen pounds nineteen shillings and six pence, result happiness."  (Wilkins Micawber)

Offline rick_dobney

• bronze
    • Rick Dobney Woodturning
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2016, 07:41:42 AM »
Hi Dave,
Joining  A-N www.a-n.co.uk will give you £5m public and product liability cover for around. £35 pa
Cheers Rick

Offline wellturnedout

• iron
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2016, 06:39:44 PM »
Hi Good People, My workshop contents are insured for £12000 through Insurance for Retirment. Normally £10000 but if pushed will go to £12000. The workshop itself is covered on the property ins.

Offline Ghodder

• iron
Re: Insurance Final Say
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2016, 01:06:30 PM »
Thanks for all the replies, through much research I finally found a company who are actually happy to insure all craft tools etc materials etc in what ever place they take place. They will cover also cover Public and products liability even if you are only selling 1 piece a year which is great the company name is:     www.http://craftinsurance.co.uk
they covered my lathe and tools and public and products liability to the tune of £1,000,000
the only thing they will not cover is the building itself which is covered by ouse insurance.

It was cheaper than some of the other suggestions but not excessive its a family run business covered by Hiscox they are great to talk to on the phone as well being a small company.

I had never considered insurance for the products I produce either.

Hope this helps others in the minefield of insurance :)