Author Topic: Last chance to see the Trowbridge exhibition  (Read 2867 times)

Offline The Bowler Hatted Turner

• platinum
Last chance to see the Trowbridge exhibition
« on: October 09, 2015, 06:40:48 PM »
Just to let you all know that the Trowbridge exhibition closes tomorrow at 4pm . This will be the last chance to see these pieces together as they will all be re distributed on Monday.

Offline bodrighywood

• platinum
    • Bodrighy Wood
Re: Last chance to see the Trowbridge exhibition
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2015, 07:43:01 PM »
If you haven't seen it yet and get the chance to tomorrow grab it as there are some amazing pieces there from turners that you don't normally see in the flessh / wood which won't be going on the travelling show. Really great respoonses from Joe Public who had difficulty believing that everything was hand crafted and wood. We need a lot more of these type of exhibitions so that people can see that wood can be art as well.

pete
Turners don't make mistakes, they have design opportunities

• platinum
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2015, 10:15:42 PM »
Thanks Pete, couldn't put it better myself.

Offline Bryan Milham

• Administrator
  • platinum
  • I’ve had my patience tested; I’m negative
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2015, 10:25:48 PM »
John.

how has the exhibition gone overall. Has it been received well and sparked any interest?
Oh Lord, Lead me not into temptation…

...Oh who am I kidding, follow me, I know a shortcut!

Offline edbanger

• platinum
    • Olivers Woodturning
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2015, 12:43:33 AM »
Hi John

Glad to hear that it gone so well, only sorry I could not get there.

I had a phone call from another John to ask if I would let my piece go on the traveling show is that right?

All the best

Ed

• platinum
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2015, 08:35:55 AM »
Bryan turns out the exhibition is the best attended exhibition the town hall has ever had and when you realise the quality and importance of some of the exhibitions they have held there then this is something of a coup for us. I have kept a book for visitors to write comments in, some did some didn't but the comments that were left are incredible. I could not have written them better myself.
Ed your piece caused a lot of interest. Not only was the idea very creative but the quality of the make was second to none, so when I was asked to pick an additional few pieces to top up the travelling exhibition I did not hesitate to include your piece in the list. The call you had was from my replacement as SW rep John Montgomery.

Offline bodrighywood

• platinum
    • Bodrighy Wood
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2015, 10:33:20 AM »
I had a few people asking how to get into wood turning on Friday as well. Several asking wnat clubs there were locvally and people who had travelled from Weston and Martock to see it. I got the impression that most of the non turners who came in hadn't realised that wood turning could be an art form so it has definitely been well worth it.
I also think that John should get a huge vote of thanks for the exhibition as pretty much all the work has been done by him. 

Pete
Turners don't make mistakes, they have design opportunities

Offline edbanger

• platinum
    • Olivers Woodturning
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2015, 04:12:19 PM »
Hi John

Thank you for your support, after looking at all the fantastic pieces in the instant gallery I was pleased that the piece was being selected to go to Trowbridge, I'm over the moon to think that it's now going on tour.

All the best

Ed

• platinum
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2015, 09:01:52 AM »
Aw shucks Pete you jus'gon' an embarassed me now.  :D :D :D :D
Ed I wouldn't have chosen it it it didn't deserve a place.
So we finally closed the doors at 4 last night, a bit sad but also a huge sigh of relief. A well attended exhibition with loads of AWGB members coming to see it so thanks for that. The general public were stunned at what was on show. Just got to sort out returning various pieces now and helping John Montgomery on Monday to package some of the exhibits (believe it or not some came with no packaging at all!) and get them loaded up and then I have to clear my stuff from the town hall which is not going to be easy as I am using SWMBO car as mine is in the garage.
          Still overall a good exhibition and not one drunk in sight!