Author Topic: I know we are not a political forum but...  (Read 2325 times)

Offline The Bowler Hatted Turner

• platinum
I know we are not a political forum but...
« on: September 29, 2015, 12:04:05 PM »
I am doing some lead casting on a job today and reached a point where rather than wait for a while I would have an early lunch so I popped the tele on and watched a bit of the Labour party conference whilst eating my sandwich. I know we are not a political forum but how do Labour expect to get voted in when they have English peole speaking but they are  failing to coherently join two words or sentences together?Not a good advert at all.

Offline GBF

• platinum
    • Artistry in wood
Re: I know we are not a political forum but...
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2015, 12:08:11 PM »
I think Religion and Politics should be avoided or there will be a lot of falling out.
Whatever you say you will not change the views of people on either subject so I will not be giving an opinion.

Regards George
The man that never made a mistake never made anything

Offline fuzzyturns

• platinum
    • Fuzzy Turns
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2015, 12:16:01 PM »
I'll second that.

BTW: there's probably just as many people with the same difficulties in the other parties, you just happened to run into the Labour conference.

• platinum
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2015, 12:44:16 PM »
I was not trying to score any political points and I agree that the same deficit in the spoken language of my country could and probably does occur in other parties, what I was pointing out was the those that lead this country or aspire to lead this country would be better placed if their representatives, regardless of any political persuasion were to be able to speak and write in a joined up cohesive manner. That's all.

And if I haven't left enough rope to hang me I would also add if you do not believe in God how do you expect to go to Heaven?

Offline bodrighywood

• platinum
    • Bodrighy Wood
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2015, 02:42:44 PM »
I suspect most politicians are so busy trying to think of something 'important' and decisive to say that sounds like the truth they get confused. No time for politics or politicians in general.

pete
Turners don't make mistakes, they have design opportunities

Offline Mark Sanger

• platinum
    • Mark Sanger Web Site
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2015, 03:12:28 PM »
I agree, politics and religion best left alone.

Always said the worst thing Guy Fawkes ever did was get caught.  ;D ;D

Offline Bryan Milham

• Administrator
  • platinum
  • I’ve had my patience tested; I’m negative
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2015, 03:17:15 PM »
... how do Labour expect to get voted in when they have English people speaking but they are  failing to coherently join two words or sentences together?

Some of the younger generation probably understand perfectly, they seem (to me) to talk much the same way all the time!
Oh Lord, Lead me not into temptation…

...Oh who am I kidding, follow me, I know a shortcut!

Offline MCB

• gold
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2015, 07:11:25 PM »
.......... I would also add if you do not believe in God how do you expect to go to Heaven?

My 96 year old Mother  tells me several times a day that she wishes she was dead.

I  reply that the Almighty doesn't want anybody in Heaven who complains as much as she does.

(what would  YOU say in my position?)

MC

Offline fuzzyturns

• platinum
    • Fuzzy Turns
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2015, 07:33:30 PM »
I think you hit the nail on the head.
OTOH: your mother is certainly not the only moaner ever to have lived, and in consequence one would have to assume that the Almighty has found a way of dealing with those that have gone before. Unless, of course, they have driven him insane, which would explain why we see so little of Him in our world. :-)

• platinum
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2015, 07:52:50 PM »
.......... I would also add if you do not believe in God how do you expect to go to Heaven?

My 96 year old Mother  tells me several times a day that she wishes she was dead.

I  reply that the Almighty doesn't want anybody in Heaven who complains as much as she does.

(what would  YOU say in my position?)

MC

This sounds so familiar.