Author Topic: Segmented lamp  (Read 3056 times)

thebowlerhattedturner

Segmented lamp
« on: May 30, 2011, 07:08:01 PM »
Here is a segmented lamp made in Ebony and Walnut. 340 mm high.
Comments welcome.
Regards
John

Offline John D Smith

• platinum
Re: Segmented lamp
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 07:45:35 PM »
Hi John,It looks like you have been working hard,I like this piece very much it must have taken many hours.I am not sure about the Square base,and the yellow back ground seems to bright.Regards John
John Smith

Offline woodndesign

• platinum
  • Cannock Staffordshire
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011, 12:45:29 AM »

Well done John for a bank holiday weekend post..  You've done alot of work to this piece and it's come out well, the pictures let the details down, for what is a wonderful piece, it will be nice as a lamp to see it in it's full light....    ;D...  yep, the base is ideal, but needs to be more thicker, like a shaped detailed block, as you'd find with an urn, would give it weight as a lamp and lift..  will be nice to see it finished.

The weather stopped me until this afternoon, but I've had a chance to make 4 parts for what is a larger project for my sister.  I'd been taking pictures..  until the battery went flat, so now missing what I have done.. I will, if it gets done post what it is.. till then.

David
"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times,"  By Dickens ''''

thebowlerhattedturner

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2011, 08:13:13 PM »
I'll try to get another picture with a different background but don't think it will make much difference as the joints are very hard to see even with the naked eye.
Regards
John