Author Topic: Login  (Read 5077 times)

Offline woodndesign

• platinum
  • Cannock Staffordshire
Login
« on: May 07, 2011, 01:29:40 AM »

I'd just open firefox and went to login to the forum on the already opened page, via my stored password, and it went to a page, saying I couldn't recover my password and a box to enter my e-mail, then a small tick box, to send me a security question, I've never seen or had this before, is it normal, I didn't use it, I click back the page, cleared the password and re-entered it fresh, the same page came up. I'd tried this twice more, with the same result,  I finally closed that page, open a new one, put in the web address, the site open as usual with my password in place, I picked the time for logon and clicked enter and the page opened as usual....    Has this been some party after details, Has anyone else had the same..    ??? ...    I've taken to report this in case it is a problem or something un-known with the system.

David
"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times,"  By Dickens ''''

Offline John

• bronze
Re: Login
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2011, 07:58:26 AM »
I've had the same problem, Have always set to  be logged on "forever" be this does not happen. I have found that if I log-on As soon as I visit the forum. It logs on OK but if I visit a forum category before logging it wont accept my details.

John
John English

Andy Coates

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2011, 09:30:24 AM »
Is your problem with firefox too, John?

Jo Winter is also having problems - different problems - and I now wonder if he uses firefox.

I'll load firefox and track the problem later today.

thanks for reporting

Andy Coates

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2011, 09:35:05 AM »
no problems in safari

Andy Coates

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2011, 09:41:50 AM »
no problems in firefox 4...

I'll dig deeper later on

Offline John

• bronze
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2011, 11:44:15 AM »
Hi Andy,
My Wifes laptop has Firefox and is working OK.
At the moment my PC is dead, while trying to load Flash player I had a problem - ActiveX, While loading this I picked up a virus which is killing all .exe files.

John
John English

Offline Katchin

• bronze
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2011, 01:18:35 PM »
I use Google Chrome, no problems
John Simon Lawrenson

Offline woodndesign

• platinum
  • Cannock Staffordshire
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2011, 07:34:53 PM »

Have got on OK now,  the page it went to yesterday read 'I could only re-cover my password by entering my E-mail, tick a box for a security question and reply to it'..   so who was it going too or what would the question have been..  almost like I was being hacked..   ??? ...  if you forget the password it's a different setup to get a new one, than that, is it not.

Cheers for looking into it and sorry if it's taken up your time Andy.         David

Andy Coates

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2011, 08:54:04 PM »
If it looked like this then it is the board software's response to an incorrect password after three attempts..

Offline woodndesign

• platinum
  • Cannock Staffordshire
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2011, 10:01:28 PM »

Big sorry Andy,  that was the page which came up...   :-[ .....     But it came up first off and I've not known as to I've used the wrong password at all, it's always set automatically, I chose how long I'll be on and enter.

Could it be I logout, but keep the page open, as this is the wife's note book, an I've not got it bookmarked on here to pull it up.

David