Author Topic: Teavine  (Read 2949 times)

Mike Gibson

Teavine
« on: November 27, 2013, 11:29:03 PM »
Here is one of our recent teapots that l turned from Pear and Cynthia decorated using her pyro-engraving techniques.
Comments always welcome.
Michael.

Offline woodndesign

• platinum
  • Cannock Staffordshire
Re: Teavine
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 11:39:53 PM »

Mike you and Cynthia have done it again, yet another stunning teapot, it's beyond the best you've done.

Lets see more, more often. Please.

Cheers  David
"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times,"  By Dickens ''''

woody

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2013, 11:47:54 PM »
Oh wow that is stunning love it I wish my pyro work was that good but then I have only just started

Offline Bryan Milham

• Administrator
  • platinum
  • I’ve had my patience tested; I’m negative
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2013, 09:16:07 AM »
Mike,

I wish I could draw with a pencil as well as your good lady can with a Pyro Wire. Please let her know we are all envious of her skills.

If I may a few questions;

You always (If I've read right) seem to use Pear wood - any reason?
What does Cynthia use to colour her work (there is colour in the flower heads at least)
And in the top photo I can just make out a circlular pyro'd ring that is out of keeping with the plant design, why is it there and signify please.
Oh Lord, Lead me not into temptation…

...Oh who am I kidding, follow me, I know a shortcut!

Mike Gibson

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2013, 08:08:28 PM »
Mike,

I wish I could draw with a pencil as well as your good lady can with a Pyro Wire. Please let her know we are all envious of her skills.

If I may a few questions;

You always (If I've read right) seem to use Pear wood - any reason?
What does Cynthia use to colour her work (there is colour in the flower heads at least)
And in the top photo I can just make out a circlular pyro'd ring that is out of keeping with the plant design, why is it there and signify please.

Thank you for your kind words!

We use Pear as it is even grained wood with little figure and the perfect canvas for embellishing. Pear turns and carves like a dream and flourishes here in our area. It is my favorite wood to work with. I colour my designs with India Ink. The natural areas are also finely textured. The "pyroed ring" is actually a part of my design. The branch is twisted. I feel it is in keeping with my pattern.

Cynthia

Offline Roderick Evans

• bronze
  • roderickevanswoodturning.blogspot.com
    • Roderick Evans Woodturning
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2013, 09:03:12 PM »
Hi
I'm not usually a lover of teapots, cups & saucers etc., but this is really special. Beautifully turned, every bit of it seems in the right proportion, and the pyrography is excellent. Thanks for sharing your colouring techniques, they work well and don't overpower the linework and shading. A very nice example.
Regards,
Rod
To be born Welsh is to be born privileged. Not with a silver spoon in your mouth, but music in your blood and poetry in your soul.

Cynthia

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2013, 12:01:34 AM »
Many thanks to all for the kind words! We love making our little teapots!
Cynthia and Mike