Author Topic: It cracked, so I stapled it back together!  (Read 6684 times)

Mark Sanger

Re: It cracked, so I stapled it back together!
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2013, 05:42:46 PM »
Ten days after I finished turning it and the walls appear to have finally stopped moving. A couple of the staples have developed a very slight bulge, as the crack has tried to close up a little in one place....others are under tension as other parts of the crack have tried to open a little. What's more interesting, is the feel of the vase. The various areas of the grain have dried and shrunk to varying degrees so you can now feel the surface as it dips and twists.

I'm so pleased with it!

Les

This is one of the wonderful parts of turning, the unknown.! It is only the times we try something we have not tried before that we often find exciting ways to work and results not before achieved.

Offline Roderick Evans

• bronze
  • roderickevanswoodturning.blogspot.com
    • Roderick Evans Woodturning
Re: It cracked, so I stapled it back together!
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2013, 08:56:07 PM »
Siwd mae Les!

Stunning! My wife does a bit of jewellery making and gave me reel of copper wire ages ago to experiment with, don't know if I can match this.
The timber itself is attractive but I like the way you've used your artistic licence to produce something really special.

Lllongyfarchiadau ar greu darn mor arbennig !!

Rod
To be born Welsh is to be born privileged. Not with a silver spoon in your mouth, but music in your blood and poetry in your soul.