Author Topic: Website Host  (Read 9181 times)

Colin

Re: Website Host
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2011, 06:59:44 AM »
An alternative to the Serif software for web development is this FREE one from Mircosoft http://www.microsoft.com/express/Web/. Alternatively if you can do the coding rather than looking for a WYSIWYG programme then Notepad++ is excellent (also free).

Offline Philip Greenwood

• bronze
  • Professional Woodturner. North Yorkshire
    • Woodturning into Art
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2011, 07:42:50 AM »
Hi
I use Serif for my web. Ok we all like a good deal, if you download Serif for free you will recive a phone call 2 to 3 weeks later, there will offer the new version for x amount, say i dont know if i want to upgrade now, there will offer a add on package as well say no, the adviser will say "hold the line after 2 mins there will come back and say i have taked to my line manager who say that i can offer you a special  deal" this is normaly a saveing of around a 1/3 so its worth the wait on the phone.

Hope this helps
Philip

Offline woodndesign

• platinum
  • Cannock Staffordshire
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2011, 01:14:31 PM »

Thank you, Colin an Philip,   I'll have to read into the Microsoft and find out as to what has happened to the Serif program that had been on here.

Cheers for your time.       David
"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times,"  By Dickens ''''

Offline woodndesign

• platinum
  • Cannock Staffordshire
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2011, 12:46:22 PM »

Well for all the work I've been doing and have done on the desktop it is gone...  it had shut down, did re-start in safe mode, but shut off sometime later..  The Tec. lad at PC World has traced it to the Motherboard has gone..  as it's a US model sent over by Gina's daugther, had been cheaper than here.. they can't get the correct board. so their board wouldn't take the 4 sticks of Ram which this has, Sooo needs replacing also.. would cost as much as basic desktop... 
Having 2 Note books, Gina went for using them..  but they've not got what was on the desktop..  not my work, WIP or anything else...
The lad was good in that he said the Hard drive could be copied off onto any Hard drive or maybe best, fitted into a pod itself and used as an external hard drive, we not have programs, but writen work and pictures...    ;D ...   Gina has found programs and what ever pictures that are in folders, but can't open briefcases, which happens to hold my work...
Oh well the wonders of it all...  back to it..   and finding everything...  again..   

David
"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times,"  By Dickens ''''