Author Topic: Regrinding of Chisels  (Read 11643 times)

Offline John D Smith

• platinum
Re: Regrinding of Chisels
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2013, 03:09:52 PM »
Hi Mike, Sorry I gave you duff information I didn't notice the Programme was 2011 I am sure the info Mark has given you will help.

Regards John

John Smith

thebowlerhattedturner

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2013, 11:20:14 PM »
Hello Mike,
             welcome to the forum, I echo what everyone else has said here, but it is very difficult to tell you what to do without seeing the chisels first hand, the advice to join a club is the best bet. Do however be very wary of you tube videos, not everything that is shown on them is safe or a recognized method. And some of the techniques shown are best avoided. I would suggest having lessons to show you the basics.
regards
John BHT

Devchef1

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2013, 09:22:09 PM »
Hi Mike, Sorry I gave you duff information I didn't notice the Programme was 2011 I am sure the info Mark has given you will help.

Regards John

John,

I didnt spot it straight away until i looked at my calendar and the dates did not match up , and I have got hold of the club and I will be joining them for a meeting on the 8th Feb with a demo by Richard Findley so should be a good night out :-)

Mike

Devchef1

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2013, 09:23:23 PM »
Hello Mike,
             welcome to the forum, I echo what everyone else has said here, but it is very difficult to tell you what to do without seeing the chisels first hand, the advice to join a club is the best bet. Do however be very wary of you tube videos, not everything that is shown on them is safe or a recognized method. And some of the techniques shown are best avoided. I would suggest having lessons to show you the basics.
regards
John BHT

John,

Good advice and thanks will be picking Brains at my local club :-)

Mike

Offline John D Smith

• platinum
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2013, 09:41:56 PM »
Mike you will enjoy the Demonstration by Richard Findley he is very good.Regards John
John Smith

Offline Jim

• bronze
    • Penturners
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2013, 10:59:59 PM »
I remember the nightmares i had with the same issue. i used all types of jigs an my grinding wheel, but after i bought the pro-edge i have never looked back ...  ;)

Offline Chris Eagles

• iron
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2013, 08:48:58 AM »
Hello Devchef1

I use a comprehensive range of shaping and sharpening tools in my woodturning workshop.

You are welcome to visit my workshop to try most of the kit available these days.

I am in Evesham Worcestershire.

Best regards
Chris

Devchef1

« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2013, 10:23:31 AM »
Hello Devchef1

I use a comprehensive range of shaping and sharpening tools in my woodturning workshop.

You are welcome to visit my workshop to try most of the kit available these days.

I am in Evesham Worcestershire.

Best regards
Chris

Chris

Thank you for your kind offer much appreciated , I have sent a PM :)

Mike