Author Topic: Latest piece  (Read 14775 times)

Mark Sanger

Re: Latest piece
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2013, 08:19:21 PM »
Hi David

I have broken a small bone at the join with my wrist, but my hand is fine and is now in a velcro splint. The docs did say I may have to have a plaster but I decided to advise them that being self employed I can not have the luxury of time off so a plaster was not going to happen.

Get this though, and I know I am taking things off track. I told the doctor that their car park was lethal and that they aught to grit it. Do you know what the reply was. ?

Well I was told that they are not allowed to grit it as this admits responsibility that it is dangerous, and if someone slipped up and injured themselves then they ( the surgery) could be liable.

What a load of, xxxxxxxs

What has the world come to.?

Answers on a post card, my address is on my web site (I doubt your replies can be posted here).   :)

Offline Bryan Milham

• Administrator
  • platinum
  • I’ve had my patience tested; I’m negative
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2013, 08:52:57 PM »
I read it, but don't believe it!

How ridiculus can people get!
Oh Lord, Lead me not into temptation…

...Oh who am I kidding, follow me, I know a shortcut!

Offline julcle

• platinum
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2013, 08:55:19 PM »
Hi Mark  --  Sorry to hear about your wrist, I hope it mends soon. You will find the answer to this one on the
HSE website under the Myth of the month. Your surgury may well find themselves liable for not clearing
it and making it safe for patients. Anyway hope it doesn't cause you too much pain  --  Regards  --  Julian
Crowvalley Woodturners
Julian

Offline woodndesign

• platinum
  • Cannock Staffordshire
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2013, 09:22:38 PM »

Hi Mark, Then when you fell, if the local council (that's Dorset is it) had not gritted, then they too are trying not to admit reponsponsibility ...   ::) ..

Thinking on what you've said, Cannock Hospital, which has our doctor's surgery, hadn't been gritted when I drove round there small front carpark yesterday, it was well wheeled and slushy, we spun a wheel on the exit slope.. then Asda's parking bays where the same, packed snow and slush when you stepped from the car..  wonder if you fell there, they'd wheel you off in a trolley nodoubt.

Take care with the wrist, trust you'll be back to full strenght soon..  think of all that coloured work from George.

David
"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times,"  By Dickens ''''

Mark Sanger

« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2013, 09:06:03 AM »
Bryan, Julian and David

thank you. I can use my hand fine. It is just if I hit the spot it makes me wince a bit.  :)

Julian thank you for the info.  I gave up trying to beat the system some time ago and now just do my own thing.

Also I think that I have to take responsibility as I could see the path was ice packed and no one forced me to use it, and it was not a necessity. So I take responsibility and just suck it up and get on with it.

Paul Disdle

« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2013, 09:21:49 PM »
Great tutorial in the latest woodturning magazine on how you made this.

Paul

Offline malcy

• gold
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2013, 02:52:57 PM »
Sorry to hear about your wrist, Mark. Hope it heels up well and soon. Some people, who ougt to know better, do talk a load of tosh when it comes to Health and Safety. Common sense seems to have flown out of the window these days. Take care. Nice piece in Woodturning magazine, by the way. Malcolm.

Offline Bryan Milham

• Administrator
  • platinum
  • I’ve had my patience tested; I’m negative
« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2013, 09:04:53 AM »
Mark, one thing I noticed in the magazine article but not apparent in the photos you attached, the marble is situated well off centre.
Oh Lord, Lead me not into temptation…

...Oh who am I kidding, follow me, I know a shortcut!