Author Topic: Help with a source of Multistar  (Read 10823 times)

jay

Help with a source of Multistar
« on: December 04, 2012, 07:15:19 PM »
  I have been away from woodturning for a while .How do I get a new body for my Multistar Duplex chuck .Last time I looked Hegner were handling them but I see no mention on their website.Could anyone advise me please.  J

Offline Derwent Woodturning club

• bronze
    • Derwent Woodturning Club
Re: Help with a source of Multistar
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 10:04:23 PM »
Hi Jay,
I edit our club's newsletter and one of our members sent this email regarding Multistar. I have copied it in full below and hope it is useful to you.
“Hi Paul,
I am one of the original members of the club who has had to temporarily give up membership but there is a good
chance I may be able to return soon. Referring to Multistar chucks could you ,via the magazine, advise members
that spares for these chucks are no longer stocked in the U.K. They are now available through a German company,
Maderas Drechseltechnik, who can be contacted on their website;- info@maderas.de .At this time they do not
support credit or debit cards or support PayPal and the like. I bought a couple of parts recently using international
cash transfer through my bank. A tedious process but effective.
Cheers,
Terry Cotton”
Regards,
Derwent Woodturning Club

Offline Bryan Milham

• Administrator
  • platinum
  • I’ve had my patience tested; I’m negative
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 10:16:31 PM »
I'm sure these have been advertised on eBay quite heavily for a while now.

Might be worth a look-see.
Oh Lord, Lead me not into temptation…

...Oh who am I kidding, follow me, I know a shortcut!

jay

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2012, 11:03:34 PM »
 Thankyou for your help .I have been watching e bay, but as soon as I return to wood turning again the amount of parts advertised seems to have almost dried up.I will try the German  company.         J

brianfitzs

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2012, 10:52:32 PM »
Good evening Jay,

I have just read your note and apologise for not reading it sooner. I won't bore you with the sad history of Multistar products since Hegners were forced to sell the 'franchise' on, other than to say that the subsequent owners have not done justice to this outstanding product.

I have been an agent for many years and am now dealing with the new owner. Herr Werner Wolfrum of Maderas Drechseltechnik. There will be a news item in the January issue of Woodturning advising readers of the new ownership and, also, an advert in the Woodworker Magazine advising that various items from Multistar are available from me.

It takes time to rebuild confidence and, also to build stock, but I am here to help.

Please visit my website - www.constablewoodcrafts.co.uk , also accessible as www.peppergrinders.co.uk.

Go to "Other Products"

I hope that this will help you.

Brian Fitzsimmons.