Author Topic: Microclene Model MC420  (Read 14631 times)

woody

Re: Microclene Model MC420
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2012, 09:58:09 AM »
  I think Georges advice re the helmet is perfect but I would also have an extra room air filter on a timer, in my wiorkshop I wear the helmet and the air filter system is on a timer plug to clear the air for an hout before I go in and an hour after the working day. Not cheap but what rice on your health.

I wish you well Martin
As I said in reply to George I have tried two types of helmet but as I also have arthritis in my neck I cant wear them I only wish I could

Offline john taylor

• bronze
    • John Taylor Woodturner
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2012, 11:28:34 AM »
Have you tried the type of air mask where the motor etc is on a belt around your waste?

I know someone who uses one who has the same problem as you and he says they solve the problem and he can wear it all day.

Like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CRUSADER-lite-AIR-FED-VISOR-Airfed-Paint-Spray-Mask-/290641143300?pt=UK_BOI_ProtectiveGear_RL&hash=item43ab8fe604

john

woody

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2012, 02:25:12 PM »
Thanks John that could be my answer I have ordered the mc 720 filter hopefully that will make things better when it arrives I will do a small wright up on it.
And may I say thank you to all of you for your help it is very much appreciated it is good to have somewhere to go and ask and get so much help we are never to old or experienced to learn from others

Offline woodndesign

• platinum
  • Cannock Staffordshire
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2012, 07:27:53 PM »

Hi Woody,  John could of come up with the ideal thing, but what I see as the fittings looks as if this system is designed to be fed from an air compressor which would need filters and water traps for safe, clean air.

I've seen something on the same lines as this system, but it's a motor and pump that could be on a belt or dropped into the back pocket which fed the mask, 3M has a system of this type, if I recall Les Thorne uses a system like it, as could John Berkeley (Screwples) maybe to contact one of them.

Cheers David

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times,"  By Dickens ''''

woody

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2012, 08:47:42 PM »
I have had emails already to tell me the mc760 is being delivered tomorrow hows that for service and I only ordered it this afternoon I will let you know how I get on with it

Offline woodndesign

• platinum
  • Cannock Staffordshire
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2012, 09:14:44 PM »

Wow ....  that's good service, tell who is it, their lad most be on the way now, 8:00am knock on your door ...   ;D ..

Glad to see things coming together.

Offline John D Smith

• platinum
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2012, 09:43:16 PM »
Hi Woody,Isn't that one of the great things about Woodturners and the Forum how every one try's to help and most times someone comes up with a satisfactory answer I hope it all works out ok.Regards John
John Smith

woody

« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2012, 10:49:17 PM »

Wow ....  that's good service, tell who is it, their lad most be on the way now, 8:00am knock on your door ...   ;D ..

Glad to see things coming together.

I ordered it from toolpost,co.uk along with the versa chuck

Offline woodndesign

• platinum
  • Cannock Staffordshire
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2012, 12:04:23 AM »

New Chuck ....      :o ...    ;D ....

woody

« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2012, 08:49:16 AM »
I got an email from tool post this morning telling me it will be delivered between 8.30 and 9,30 this morning well lo & behold it arrived at 8.55am now is that good service or what
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 09:09:08 AM by woody »

woody

« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2012, 09:41:26 AM »
I have just plugged it in and the little bit of noise it makes is insignificant I think it is quietest one I have ever tried  compared to my Jet one it is almost silent and it seems quite powerful I will test it out latter in the workshop

woody

« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2012, 05:55:37 PM »
Thank you all for your help I ended up getting the mc760 and I am well pleased with it I fixed it so that it is behind the lathe to the left strange place you may think but as I was sanding the two bowls I made today yoi could see the dust going of to the left straight into the filter magic see how much dust is on it already