Author Topic: Decorated Hollow Form  (Read 1849 times)

Offline Robin Goodman

• iron
Decorated Hollow Form
« on: December 23, 2019, 10:11:54 AM »
Have not posted a picture of any of my pieces before, so will give it a try.  Surprisingly the preview doesn't show actual picture, so hope it is OK.  Not sure how to enter it in the gallery section.

Starting with a simple shaped sycamore hollow form, hopefully I enhanced it with colouring and cut-outs.
Piercing bit with micromotor used for cut-outs before sanding.  Outside airbrushed with transparent acrylic paint over white gesso primer; inside brush painted with dark blue then light blue added with sponge for a speckled effect.    You can only just see the heart shape on RHS !

Offline bodrighywood

• platinum
    • Bodrighy Wood
Re: Decorated Hollow Form
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2019, 10:30:44 AM »
For some reason no programme I have will open this. All say format is wrong. Though it syas it's a jpeg it appears that it isn't?

Pete
Turners don't make mistakes, they have design opportunities

Offline willstewart

• gold
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2019, 11:41:15 AM »
Nothing actually here - an empty JPEG.

Offline Robin Goodman

• iron
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2019, 02:49:42 PM »
As Will says, the jpeg file is empty.  Although the photo file I uploaded was 188KB and the correct file name appears in the post as an attachment. it is empty.  Anybody got suggestions as to how solve the problem?  Is it most likely something I am doing wrong rather than a temporary glitch in the website software ?   I did try uploading twice, but the same thing happened and the picture did not appear in the preview.
Robin

Offline Roger Groom

• bronze
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2019, 02:52:31 PM »
Just as a matter of interest, are you trying to post from an older version iPad? I am unable to post pictures from my old iPad and have to use a laptop.
Roger G

Offline Robin Goodman

• iron
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2019, 11:06:35 AM »
One further attempt at uploading photo using the usual straightforward method via the posting attachment browse button and picking up jpeg photo from a folder on my desktop.