Author Topic: Giving up !  (Read 1726 times)

Offline Wood spinner

• platinum
Giving up !
« on: December 18, 2019, 02:05:04 PM »
As much as I love Woodturning  , and everything that comes with it...this is taking up too much of my time.

I am struggling to keep up with the everyday basics of work , commuting , cleaning and cooking and maintaining my home, so something has to give.

I have decided to sell up

Below is a list of what's available. Serious inquiries only, and please don't insult me with low offers.

Thanks for reading and understanding…

1. Wet/Dry Vac
2. Dustpan and brush
3. Mop and bucket
4. Mop and Shine
5. Window cleaner
6. Laundry detergent
7. Leaf rake
8. Broom
9 dusters

Offline michaelb

• bronze
Re: Giving up !
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2019, 02:20:38 PM »
Fortunately I have some at home  who looks after these things and if she reads this I will have a considerable workshop sale .
No pockets in shrouds spend it now

Offline Twisted Trees

• platinum
  • Bristol, UK
    • Twisted Trees
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2019, 02:31:11 PM »
Very pleased to hear that your life is so full, but saddened that it is woodturning you see as a burden on your time. in my case I decided work was the problem so stopped going there!

As for the items for sale would you be interested in splitting the dustpan and brush? though my dustpan is perfectly serviceable the bristles on my brush seem to vanish towards the leading edge, which may be something to do with keeping my bandsaw table free of dust, though of course I blame the Russians.

I would be prepared to take the whole brush even though my handle is perfectly serviceable ;D
TT, AKA Pete, but that name is taken :-)

Offline Danny

• iron
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2019, 02:42:08 PM »
HILARIOUS :) You should do a double act.
Danny

Offline seventhdevil

• platinum
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2019, 09:01:12 PM »
i was forced to give up work when i was made redundant in 2009 and i've not looked back.

i'll never work again.

Offline bodrighywood

• platinum
    • Bodrighy Wood
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2019, 09:35:39 AM »
though my dustpan is perfectly serviceable the bristles on my brush seem to vanish towards the leading edge, which may be something to do with keeping my bandsaw table free of dust, though of course I blame the Russians.

I would be prepared to take the whole brush even though my handle is perfectly serviceable ;D

If you swithch the bandsaw off before dusting it the bristles on the brush last a lot longer.That way you save money on both ylour electricity bill and having to replenish the bristles on your brush.

Pete
Turners don't make mistakes, they have design opportunities

Offline Twisted Trees

• platinum
  • Bristol, UK
    • Twisted Trees
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2019, 11:39:20 AM »

If you swithch the bandsaw off before dusting it the bristles on the brush last a lot longer.That way you save money on both ylour electricity bill and having to replenish the bristles on your brush.

Pete

I had considered that, but it is an induction motor which uses more electricity in start or stop than it does when running....  ;)
TT, AKA Pete, but that name is taken :-)