Author Topic: Small turning project in central London - looking to learn or outsource  (Read 3479 times)

Offline Logan Rhyne

• iron
Hi all!

Got a redirect here from the UKWorkshop forum after posting this question: https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/project-help-making-round-turning-blanks-in-central-london-t119892.html about getting some help with truing up some bowl blanks for an art project.

I've got 10 rough blanks (though a few I would love to split since they're ~3" and 1.5" would be ideal for this project) that I'd like to get trued to circles. They range between 5" and 10". I don't have access to a lathe (or lathe experience) but if there is someone in central London that could help, I'd appreciate learning or would happily just pay for it as a small project that I imagine is trivial for anyone who's practiced on the lathe.

There are more details in the OP on the other forum; hopefully someone in central London might be keen to help?

Best,
Logan

Offline Twisted Trees

• platinum
  • Bristol, UK
    • Twisted Trees
Re: Small turning project in central London - looking to learn or outsource
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2019, 04:19:30 PM »
Not in the area, so no use to you! but I would see if you can combine the offer of an hours training to know the process yourself, and also get the turner to do the remaining blanks for you. 
TT, AKA Pete, but that name is taken :-)

Offline seventhdevil

• platinum
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2019, 09:01:45 AM »
Logan, if you can bring them to windsor castle i can turn them for you if you like?

i rent part of a joinery and have my own set up there. i'm just down the road from the castle and am free just about any day with some notice.

Offline Lazurus

• platinum
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2019, 01:52:04 PM »
Logan, if you can bring them to windsor castle i can turn them for you if you like?

i rent part of a joinery and have my own set up there. i'm just down the road from the castle and am free just about any day with some notice.

I can vouch for Steve as a solid 100% guy.
Living and working on the Norfolk Broads