Author Topic: Derwent Woodturning Club - next meeting, 4th. Sept. - Hands on evening  (Read 166 times)

Offline Derwent Woodturning club

• bronze
The next club meeting, on the 4th. September, will be a 'Hands on evening'. The club lathes and DVD will all be available, just remember to bring your tools and some wood.

Visitors are welcome to come to any of our meetings, to see what we do, or even try your hand at woodturning. The first visit is free, unless it's for a guest demonstrator event. After that it is £5 per meeting but limited to two meetings. However, if you join the club, for £13 per annum, the meeting cost drops to £4. If you have any questions or want more information, please get in touch.

Meetings are held at Sharpes Pottery Museum, Swadlincote. Full details are shown in our Club Programme for 2018 post, but this link shows the location.
http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?X=429841&Y=319561&A=Y&Z=106

The venue is fully accessible for wheelchair users but please get in touch for details of the  'Disabled parking'.

We have various types of meetings -
"Hands on" evenings make use of the club's lathes for members to try out tools and techniques. They are also a good social event as you don't HAVE TO DO any woodturning, you can just chat with fellow turners if you want to!
"Club demonstrations" are done by one of the members of the club, to demonstrate a specific project or technique.
"Guest demonstrations" are done by visiting demonstrators, to show one of their own projects.

The club uses twin cameras and projector to ensure the audience has a good view of all the demonstrations.

They take place in the Conference Room, starting at 18:30 but, if you can get there a little earlier, help setting up for the meeting would be appreciated. Committee members will be on site from 18:00. Meetings finish around 21:00.

The following meeting, on the 18th. September, will be our Annual General Meeting. This is your chance to have your say about how the club is run, what it does or should be doing. You will also be voting on the committee members,  and I need to remind you that I will be resigning as the club secretary. This is not a particularly arduous role, but is a requirement of the club's organisation.

Please note that that AGM is only open to current members. May I also ask that members try to attend the meeting so that we have a quorum for any votes that take place. If you are unable to attend,  please would you nominate a proxy for your vote and let me know their name.

If you have any questions, please get in touch
« Last Edit: August 23, 2019, 07:22:57 PM by Derwent Woodturning club »
Regards,
Paul Bellamy
Secretary for the Derwent Woodturning Club
Swadlincote, Derbyshire.
Please contact me for more information.