Author Topic: second hand books at great price  (Read 6427 times)

Offline makkem

• iron
second hand books at great price
« on: July 26, 2019, 10:18:53 AM »
At the risk of telling folks something they already know AbeBooks.co.uk have a good range of turning books at incredible prices - I got a copy of Keith Rowley's Foundation Course in great condition for £2.25 including postage - don't know how they do it. BTW I've no connection with them.

Offline Bryan Milham

• Administrator
  • platinum
  • I’ve had my patience tested; I’m negative
Re: second hand books at great price
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2019, 11:46:14 AM »
They are part of the Amazon group. A place for second hand bookshops to advertise their stock.

Yes they do ha e some good prices but also some high ones, I looked for 500 wooden bowls on it and the price was very high. The well known auction site had it for a reasonable amount, so it pays to compare them both before buying.

Another to look at is the online Oxfam shop, they also have quite a wide range of books, sometimes about wood turning,  but they set their prices against  the 2 above mentioned.
Oh Lord, Lead me not into temptation…

...Oh who am I kidding, follow me, I know a shortcut!

Offline seventhdevil

• platinum
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2019, 08:00:27 PM »
i've bought a few books about tree species on abe book but as Bryan says sometimes you can get a better result on Ebay.

the ones i buy are usually pretty obscure books that are decades out of date and weren't produced in big numbers so they are a good resource if i use them.

Offline Kev at 9K Creations

• Kev at 9K Creations
  • iron
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2022, 03:03:23 PM »
Just been on there and your right super cheap including the postage...thanks for the tip
Kev at 9K Creations