Author Topic: Beaumaris Anglesey Exibition  (Read 628 times)

Offline michaelb

• copper
Beaumaris Anglesey Exibition
« on: July 24, 2019, 06:32:10 AM »
The summer exhibition for Gwynedd Woodturning Club takes place for one week starting 26th July for one week  at Beaumaris Town Hall Anglesey North Wales  come and see the exhibition of our work, over the last few years we have raised over £11,000 for the air ambulance.

Beaumaris is great for a day out walk down the Pier, take in the best view of the North Wales Mountain range and relax with an Ice cream and of course visit our exhibition 

Offline Les Symonds

• platinum
    • Pren
Re: Beaumaris Anglesey Exibition
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2019, 06:53:59 AM »
That's an excellent cause to raise money for....how do you generate the money? Is it entry fees, sale of your work? I'll do my best to call in, but this clashes with an arts event that I'm demoing at for a few days, so finding a slot is going to be tricky.
Best of luck, I hope ti goes well for you all.
Les
Education is important, but wood turning is importanter.

Offline michaelb

• copper
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2019, 07:14:21 AM »
All entrance money 20p is donated, we have a charity table which we donate work and the public pay what think its worth,  one of our members makes carrier bag handles and these sell for £1.00 all to air ambulance (he had to use the air ambulance some years ago  )

Offline michaelb

• copper
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2019, 07:24:35 PM »
A great week was had by all the members who exhibited over 250 pieces sold from £4.00 to £70.00 donation money to North Wales Air Ambulance £485.00  Turning from 10.30 to 4.30 all six days was enjoyed by the public. 2 cruise ships came into Anglesey and we were visited by a number of American Turners who were surprised at how much our small club produced both in quality and array of pieces .( one piece is sailing back to Pennsylvanian)
What was pleasing we had a new member who has been turning for less than 6 months exhibiting for the first time and sold a number of pieces best of all sold a lidded  box he made whilst demonstrating and he is half the age of us.  The future looks bright .

Offline Les Symonds

• platinum
    • Pren
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2019, 09:19:34 PM »
What an excellent result...hats off to you all, especially your new member!
Les
Education is important, but wood turning is importanter.