Author Topic: Art From The Tree  (Read 1843 times)

Offline John D Smith

• platinum
Art From The Tree
« on: July 07, 2019, 06:58:22 PM »
 Today I visited the Exhibition "ART FROM THE TREE" at Wallsworth Hall Twigworth  Glocs. This a not to miss event I have

seen plenty of exhibitions over the last 25 years and this is by far the best the Ray Key Collaboration pieces are stunning

also the pieces from other UK turners this exhibition was awesome it is on until 21st July.I went round 3 times it was difficult 

to take it all in I think all of the members who worked so hard to put this event on should be Congratulated

From myself Thank You.  Regards John Smith

PS I forgot to say dont forget to buy the book with all of the photographs of Collaboration pieces  it show before and after.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2019, 07:09:41 PM by John D Smith »
John Smith

Offline Paul Hannaby

• platinum
    • Creative Woodturning
Re: Art From The Tree
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2019, 10:15:39 PM »
Thanks John, I'm glad you enjoyed the exhibition and it was nice to stop for a chat today!

There are some short "walkabout" videos of the exhibition on the AWGB facebook page if anyone wants a preview (and no, you don't need a Facebook account to view them). https://www.facebook.com/woodturners/

Books can be bought online at https://awgbwoodturningseminar.co.uk/product/ray-key-collaborations-book/

This is the only opportunity to see the collaboration pieces before they are sold so don't miss it! Details here

If you haven't already found the online auction, go to https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/auction-catalogues/timed/awgb/catalogue-id-srass10001 . It closes on October 13th from 5pm...

Offline The Bowler Hatted Turner

• platinum
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2019, 07:33:45 PM »
I have just returned home from the same exhibition,what an incredible display of turning . I was particularly pleased with the tributes turned for the Ray Key collaboration that are on display in one room. In another room are the exhibits from the Masters in Turning and if that was not enough downstairs there are other pieces made by some very talented turners.
I congratulate those members of the AWGB committee that put this together, seeing this exhibition justifys my membership fees for the next few years, well done.

Offline John D Smith

• platinum
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2019, 07:53:10 PM »

Hi John,
            I am glad you enjoyed the Exhibition it was certainly worth the time  I am surprised there have not been more posts

and viewings.Looking forward to your Demo at Burcot Woodturners next month.

Regards John   
John Smith

Offline Ian gurr

• iron
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2019, 12:46:38 PM »
I attended on the first day and must say it’s the finest exhibition of turning I have ever seen.Congratulations to every one involved,all the turners and organisers.