Author Topic: euro 2000  (Read 10914 times)

Offline TWiG

• gold
Re: euro 2000
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2015, 07:51:46 PM »
Steve I got the impression you loved your JET , why the desire to change ?  To go from a new lathe to an old one with little back up does seem a little odd  , I know some old stuff is well built and legendary for various reasons , but I do not think the poolewood falls in to that category ......I have had a Woodfast for about 20 years now with no problems at all ( except me ) and it has had a lot of use / abuse ........Terry ..

Offline seventhdevil

• platinum
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2015, 02:26:07 PM »
i do like the jet and may keep it (if i can find room for both) but when i first got serious about turning i wanted a poolewood as i'd seen it on bill grumbine's dvd.

i viewed this lathe last night and can confirm that it's top notch and he's never had any trouble with it so why should i?

i think i'd be a bit unlucky if it went wrong a month or so after i bought it.

the reason i wan it is that it's longer than mine by nearly a whole foot which would give me the capability to do standard lamps or newel posts and porch posts.

another benefit is the swivel you can adjust the head by 10 degrees to make it easier to turn bowls.

thanks to the adjustable legs i can also raise the height of the spindle as i'm 6'3".

Offline TWiG

• gold
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2015, 06:14:13 PM »
Thanks for the reply ,  I  thought the Jet was quite long but if you want to do lamps etc then it makes sense , I have a short bed lathe and it is great for hollow forms as I work from the end , this is also useful for bowls as well , in fact I can't imagine what it is like trying to do such work leaning over the bed , but I guess there is not 1 lathe that will do everything .........Terry

Offline seventhdevil

• platinum
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2015, 07:02:44 PM »
it went for £1020 in the end.

more than i was willing to pay...

Offline Lazurus

• platinum
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2015, 07:15:47 PM »
I think that was a smart decision something else will come along I,m sure.
Living and working on the Norfolk Broads