Author Topic: Cost of Demonstrations/Revolutions  (Read 37106 times)

Offline The Bowler Hatted Turner

• platinum
Re: Cost of Demonstrations/Revolutions
« Reply #90 on: July 11, 2015, 11:41:43 AM »

No wonder the Head of H & S herself made this comment:

"We are an organisation which enables business activities, including many highly hazardous ones, to take place with proper, sensible and proportionate risk management measures in place. We do not ban conkers, prohibit the sale of cakes at charity fetes, stop school trips or any one of numerous other myths which abound on "elf n' safety".
(Dame Judith Hackett CBE - Chair of Health & Safety Executive)

That remark got a thunderous round of applause from the audience.
Which is what it should have got (thunderous applause). All too often people are using H&S as an excuse not to do something or in my experience to complicate things.

Offline Mark Sanger

• platinum
    • Mark Sanger Web Site
« Reply #91 on: July 11, 2015, 12:14:19 PM »

No wonder the Head of H & S herself made this comment:

"We are an organisation which enables business activities, including many highly hazardous ones, to take place with proper, sensible and proportionate risk management measures in place. We do not ban conkers, prohibit the sale of cakes at charity fetes, stop school trips or any one of numerous other myths which abound on "elf n' safety".
(Dame Judith Hackett CBE - Chair of Health & Safety Executive)

That remark got a thunderous round of applause from the audience.

Which is what it should have got (thunderous applause). All too often people are using H&S as an excuse not to do something or in my experience to complicate things.

Quit agree John, unfortunately, it is all good and well giving a good speech but action is what is needed. From speaking to several tradesman that have come to me for lessons recently it is getting worse and it appears that the memo didn't make it past the applause. Hopefully it is just stuck in the internal post.

Offline David Buskell

• gold
    • At The Cutting Edge
« Reply #92 on: July 11, 2015, 12:29:05 PM »
The quote was from the Rivers Lecture to the City great and good (and me) but if there are constantly problems as suggested, then I'm sure Ms Hackett would like to hear about them.

David
At The Cutting Edge

Offline Mark Sanger

• platinum
    • Mark Sanger Web Site
« Reply #93 on: July 11, 2015, 02:17:24 PM »
The quote was from the Rivers Lecture to the City great and good (and me) but if there are constantly problems as suggested, then I'm sure Ms Hackett would like to hear about them.

she'll certainly be the first I contact.