Author Topic: AWGB Accommodation Update - Great News  (Read 3782 times)

Offline Dave Atkinson

• Global Moderator
  • gold
  • Macclesfield
AWGB Accommodation Update - Great News
« on: March 21, 2015, 06:10:55 PM »
Last Thursday, 19th March I visited Loughborough University with Russell Gibbs (our Trade rep and Regional rep for the North). 

I am delighted to say that we managed to negotiate a free upgrade in the accommodation from the rather dated and cramped accommodation used in previous years to the modern and well equipped Robert Bakewell accommodation block at no extra cost!!  Normally these rooms attract an additional charge of £18 including VAT per night, a saving for us of £36 for the weekend!

Robert Bakewelll consists of  three modern, purpose built accommodation blocks.  Each building consists of "apartments" which have between 6 and 10 self contained rooms and a communal kitchen area.  Each room has an en-suite wet room equipped to the latest standard and the rooms themselves are about half as big again as the ones we are used to and each has a 4ft wide bed, desk, chair and wardrobe.  Each block has a lift, and there are 4 accessible rooms in total.

We shall be having breakfast and dinner in the Village Restaurant which is adjacent to the Robert Bakewell buildings.  This is where have had the Saturday evening banquet in previous years.  This well equipped restaurant has a bar for relaxing and chatting after we've eaten.  We have also arranged for a supply of locally brewed ale to supplement the usual lagers etc. 

We have arranged (again Free Of Charge) for the site minibus to make two or three trips morning and evening to take those less able to make the short stroll to the James France building where we hold the demonstrations.  Each trip can take 6 people.  Those with Blue Badges can drive of course.  I hope that those who can walk will as this is really just for those with mobility difficulties.

We have plenty of spaces so book now!  Forms are in Revolutions or you can book via the website.

Cheers Dave

AWGB Treasurer