Author Topic: Forum Problems  (Read 6950 times)

brianpart

Forum Problems
« on: January 30, 2011, 09:24:43 PM »
Hi Folks

I am sorry for all the problems with the forum but to enable us to get more facilities on the website we found it necessary to change hosts. This is not the most straight forward activity and during this transfer Andy came across some severe difficulties.

I hope that you will all re-register and continue to make use or even more use of the Forum facilities. Those of you who have asked for help on the forum will have I am sure been very grateful for the wealth of advice which other members have provided.

I hope from time to time to extract some of the useful information being supplied on the forum and show it on the Website to benefit all those who visit.

Best wishes to the Forum and all who log on to it.

Brian (AWGB Webmaster)

Offline woodndesign

• platinum
  • Cannock Staffordshire
Re: Forum Problems
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 09:24:29 PM »
Had been wondering as to what had happened.  I've been using the Wife's note book as she's currently taken over my main computer....    >:(...   so not had my bookmark, having got back on mine, I'd found you'd change host OK,  went to get on since and all I got was error..    :(..   having gone to the AWGB site, that said new forum site due..       ???...    back on the note book again.   I've pulled up the AWBG and as you can see...  " I'm Back"..   ;D....   now to find how the new site works..   ;)...    and got posting..    ;D....

Well done on the change.        David
"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times,"  By Dickens ''''

Offline Philip Greenwood

• bronze
  • Professional Woodturner. North Yorkshire
    • Woodturning into Art
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 07:28:57 PM »
Just a small problem sometimes the line jumps and you cant see the line your typing, or its my typing skills.

Phil

Andy Coates

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 08:02:35 PM »
I've noticed this too, Phil. I'm looking for a script to cure the problem.

thebowlerhattedturner

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2011, 11:28:09 PM »
I am trying to post a picture on the gallery page but keep getting a message "upload folder full" Is this my end or your end?
Regards
BHT

Andy Coates

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2011, 11:44:13 PM »
Our end, BHT. But sorted now. We should have enough storage for a long, long time. Sorry!

Offline Philip Greenwood

• bronze
  • Professional Woodturner. North Yorkshire
    • Woodturning into Art
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2011, 09:30:55 AM »
Andy

Can you tell me if you send a PM should it be show in your outbox, i know i sent PM's but no record of them, is this normal for this sofeware.

All so on a diffient note the "Niggles with New Forum - please report here" is down error 500

Thanks
Philip

Andy Coates

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2011, 06:28:08 PM »
Hello Philip,

when you type the PM there's a tick box called "SAVE A COPY TO MY OUTBOX"....enough said  ;)

I know about the other problem on the original niggles thread...but I can't delete it because I can't open it to click DELETE!

Andy

admalin

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2011, 11:42:30 AM »
Hi Andy

What is a PM? A post mortem???

Tony Malin

Andy Coates

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2011, 04:54:43 PM »
Hello Tony,

nothing so macabre. PM is a Private Message. The board allows you to send private messages to other users. On the bar with HOME & HELP Etc., above, you'll see your My Messages tab.

Andy