Author Topic: insurance query  (Read 21703 times)

Offline Dave Atkinson

• Global Moderator
  • gold
  • Macclesfield
Re: insurance query
« Reply #60 on: January 12, 2015, 05:53:10 PM »
Hello All

thanks for posting David B - I hope that has set a number of minds at rest.

It seems from some comments that some of you think there has been a change in cover provided.  This is not the case.  The cover provided by the Zurich policy is no different than the policy offered by Aviva.  The definition of a club activity has not altered.  The situation regarding home workshop activities are viewed no differently now than they were before.  
If you think something has changed then it means you were under a misapprehension before.

I have spent many hours discussing the policy with Ian Wallace when I was the Insurance Officer and Paul and I have had extensive discussions with Tennysoin before we recommended the change in policy.  

I have also had these discussions with many of you in the past.

So I hope you all have the information you require, but if you feel there is something else you need please let me know by email

Cheers Dave

Offline Graham

• platinum
  • Chairman. www.DidcotTurners.club
« Reply #61 on: January 12, 2015, 06:15:46 PM »
Twas meant to be a joke Tony, as in 'Your Risk' being a place. Obviously not one of my better days.
Regards
Graham
I have learnt the first rule of woodturning.
The internal diameter should never exceed the external width.
Nor the internal depth, the external height.
Does that make me an expert now ?

Offline BrianH

• gold
« Reply #62 on: January 12, 2015, 10:57:50 PM »
Tony, you are more than welcome to visit my garage but not only will it be at your own risk, it will be on your own because I'm now far too feardy to go in there myself.
Brian

Offline TONY MALIN

• gold
  • Rugby Warwickshire
« Reply #63 on: January 13, 2015, 10:50:47 AM »
As they say in French "courage mon brave".
At 89.5 I'm not likely to knock you about.
Another trip to the Norfolk Coast is tempting, but I will have to wait till they improve access to the A14.
Anyway many thanks for the offer.