Author Topic: Forum playing up?  (Read 16139 times)

Offline bodrighywood

• platinum
    • Bodrighy Wood
Forum playing up?
« on: February 26, 2014, 08:58:24 AM »
Id it just me or is the forum playing up? It is happening on several browsers and all other sites I use are fine. It is very slow to load often not loading at all just coming up with a fault warning.

Pete
Turners don't make mistakes, they have design opportunities

Offline Les Symonds

• platinum
    • Pren
Re: Forum playing up?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 09:24:27 AM »
I have been experiencing that as well. Also, coincidentally, I've been experiencing the same problem with Woodturneres Unlimited
Les
Education is important, but wood turning is importanter.

Offline John D Smith

• platinum
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 09:35:44 AM »

Hi I am also having the same problems.John
John Smith

Offline The Bowler Hatted Turner

• platinum
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2014, 10:10:55 AM »
must be the Wednesday shift on duty ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Eric Harvey

• platinum
  • Craters project no.1
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2014, 11:34:27 AM »
I had the same problem yesterday and the day before with it slow to load and crashing,then having to reload,but seems fine today(26-02-2014) here.
welcome to my woodturning world

Offline Eric Harvey

• platinum
  • Craters project no.1
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2014, 11:44:01 AM »
I take it back,started crashing again.
welcome to my woodturning world

Offline bodrighywood

• platinum
    • Bodrighy Wood
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2014, 12:30:05 PM »
must be the Wednesday shift on duty ;D ;D ;D ;D

If so it needs to check it's diary as it has been doing it for a few days now. LOL ;D

Pete

Offline TONY MALIN

• gold
  • Rugby Warwickshire
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2014, 07:48:49 PM »
No problem here using BT Broadband.

Offline edbanger

• platinum
    • Olivers Woodturning
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2014, 08:18:58 PM »
It's not just me then!

Ed

Offline ken rodgers

• bronze
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2014, 08:58:19 PM »
It also happening to me and I am on Bt.
Two attempts tonight before getting on.
Ken

Offline The Bowler Hatted Turner

• platinum
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2014, 11:11:36 AM »
With all the problems we that have been reported since the new maps came online I think Paul has broken the internet!
 :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Offline woodndesign

• platinum
  • Cannock Staffordshire
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2014, 02:29:03 PM »

Of late it has got more problematic and is slower connectivity today. Transfer .. Waiting for AWGB connection.

I've run Systems Mechanics, it usually clears clutter, defraggs files and speeds up the system, yet this time it's only had a slight effect.

I normally have a swift connection, any problem is usually accompanied with the wife shouting the router connection has gone ... I can see we're connected, though once the ADLS has been flashing, so has been at fault.

Untill now I considered it may have been my aging Tosh NoteBook and space at less than 12.0 GB at times being slow, or more often the Router, which has gone completely off at one time, read as the ADSL again, having called AOL an got Talk-Talk ... it was very helpfully ... it was after tests !!! the weather .. Well, did I think it was .. an my noisy phone too .. 

The wife uses Skype a lot with the ipad, which will knock the router off at times. It ends long conversations, but stops my workand there's the reconnection time, just when I'm posting.

Having to take the wife's PC to PC World, I'd chance to speak with the technician about our connectivity with the Wifi/router, any causes for it happening, I had a few thoughts or just the routers age, need replacing.. only thing likely was work by the service provider. And I'd consider a fault/work by BT on the line.

The wife tells me, I'm slow... because I've too many windows open at anytime .. ya .. I've to work round what so.... has already open.

Is it this site ... elsewhere seems ok .. could it be just peak demand on the server, I'd thought it happened most for me with the Gallery .. pictures not opening at times, then with it working on that, to try going somewhere else .. only cope with so much at a time .. But that wouldn't count on others unable to login, less again it's over demand on the system.

Down to the IT. an that everybody's comments could shed some light on the subject.

Then it's just the Weather.. Lines are under gound/connection on the surface, a lot of areas are under feet of water, had/have been for weeks/month now .. can lead to faults in the service/connection through some areas.

Cheers  David

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times,"  By Dickens ''''

Offline bodrighywood

• platinum
    • Bodrighy Wood
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2014, 05:41:36 PM »
I am on BT broadband and have no problem with any other sites. I have tried it on I.E. Chrome and Firefox  but it's the same on all of them. It's very hit and miss. At the moment it seems to be working fine so hopefully any glitch has been eliminated. When it does happen it either takes an age to load or change p[age or doesn't load at all and puts up the unavailable message for the site.

Pete

Oops, the gremlins must be reading this thread as it just took me 10 minutes with three 'can't load sit' messages to get back to the forum.

Pete
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 06:00:14 PM by bodrighywood »

Offline john taylor

• bronze
    • John Taylor Woodturner
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2014, 06:03:09 PM »
I have been having the same problem for the last few days I am on Virgin with a 60 meg connection and I get the problem in all browsers, IE11, Chrome, Firefox etc.

It doesnt happen with any other sites.

john

Offline woodndesign

• platinum
  • Cannock Staffordshire
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2014, 06:35:18 PM »

Hi Pete, you voice the same that I'm finding, it's only the last 20/30 minutes it's responded quickly, other times it's like stirring toffee..

I thought when it started again earlier it was when I used the Jump To .. page link, but still the same which ever way I try to connect a page/post.

We always run Firefox, I've not used I.E. it's on here as default. Maybe they have issues with each other, if there's too many.

I am finding more an more programs can be running in the back gound, without trying to work oneself .. Norton or other systems running checks ... we're not in control ... as I write I've noticed Norton has an update ready .. it reads will install and shut down computer, likely when I shut down .. for all the times we turn off at night .. it can be running some mournings .. Wife gets on as I've not shut down ..   ??? ..

It is to believe IT. is working on it, if there is a fault, time will tell or it'll go away.

John, with more reporting problems, looks like it's not down to Our Computers/Browsers, only other facture is BTs' Lines, it's the last connection link.... Ahhhh.. now Global warming, Jet stream ... all down to it's the Weather .. ::) .. case we forget .. ;) ..

Cheers  David
"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times,"  By Dickens ''''