Author Topic: Dust Extracters  (Read 3876 times)

chrisepps

Dust Extracters
« on: July 29, 2013, 05:36:34 PM »
Hi chaps

I'm relatively new to wood turning and am looking for a good dust extracter. I have a single garage size workshop and want an extracter that will take small chippings and dust direct from the lathe. I believe Camvac are pretty good as is Record. However Camvac has a three stage extraction system to 0.5 microns. Most of the extracters I've seen until now have been quite expensive but I believe it is an important addition to any workshop. The particular one I've got my eye on is the CGV286-1. Anyone got one of these and could let me know thoughts I would be grateful.

Anyone else off to Loughborough weekend after next - will be my first visit to wood turning seminar - really looking forward to it.

Thanks

Offline Martin Lawrence

• Global Moderator
  • gold
  • Kidderminster Worcestershire
Re: Dust Extracters
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 06:03:28 PM »
  Wait until you are at the seminar, Cam Vac will be there on the Sunday and Axminster all 3 days and they MAY offer a bit of discount, at the very least you will see the products in use and if you purchase wont have delivery charges to pay.

See you at Loughborough

Cheers Martin.
Martin Lawrence

Offline John D Smith

• platinum
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 08:35:38 PM »
Hello Chris, Very good advice from Martin I think these Camvac products will be used in the demonstration theatres.I am sure you will enjoy the Seminar this is my forth and I have enjoyed every one.

Regards John 
John Smith

chrisepps

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2013, 08:28:05 PM »
Thanks both. I'll take your advice and see them in action at Loughborough

Chris

Offline Turners cabin

• bronze
    • Turners Cabin
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2013, 11:40:52 AM »
I personaly would recomend the Jex extraction range i have had mine for a good few years now with no problems at all and have a fair amount of pipe attached to it with no notisable loss of suction