Author Topic: Free Hosting  (Read 3413 times)

Dave Wilcox

Free Hosting
« on: June 18, 2013, 03:27:05 PM »
Hi Andy
Apologies if this is not suitable, please delete if not. I have been looking for a free web host to transfer our Club site too when the next renewal comes due and I found this hosting company and thought other members may be interested.

They offer FREE Web Hosting with NO advertising, there is no catch, so what you see is what you get.
They offer the following:
  • 1500 MB Disk Space
  • 100,000 MB Bandwidth
  • Free Subdomain or Your Own Domain
  • Automated Scripts Installer (20 Popular Scripts)
  • FTP Access and Web Based File Manager
  • Easy to use Website Builder
  • 5 MySQL Databases with Full PHP Support
  • Zend & Curl Enabled
  • IMMEDIATE Activation!

These facilities are beyond the requirements of most Club based websites. If you have your own domain name for your Club it is a simple matter to change DNS servernames to point to this host and they provide the required details when you have signed up.

Signup Now with Instant Activation - Click the link for their website: http://www.000webhost.com/706335.html

Offline Les Symonds

• platinum
    • Pren
Re: Free Hosting
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 03:34:10 PM »
Couldn't have come at a better time for me....I was about to start looking for just this sort of thing and have no experience of it, so to have it handed on a plate is just about ideal. Thanks Dave; you might just have saved me a few hours of internet trawling!
Les
Education is important, but wood turning is importanter.

Dave Wilcox

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2013, 03:41:34 PM »
Glad to be of help. 8)

Offline David Buskell

• gold
    • At The Cutting Edge
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2013, 09:23:05 PM »
Les,

You should do a few checks on them - see who else is using them. A lot of these "free" sites promise more than they can give.

Most of the companies down our part of Surrey use Raymond Day hosting (http://www.raymond-day.co.uk). Cheam has our own site and 2 others with him and one of our club members has about 20 company websites  with him. There are others that we have all recommended to Ray so he must have about 50 or so clients just froma few Cheam members.

You get very reasonable hosting rates and excellent personal support service from here in the UK.

If you speak to Ray, mention that I recommended you - he hosts my business site as well!

David

« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 05:51:57 PM by Andy Coates »
David
At The Cutting Edge