Author Topic: Glenn Lucas  (Read 10755 times)

Offline woodndesign

• platinum
  • Cannock Staffordshire
Glenn Lucas
« on: March 17, 2011, 03:29:37 PM »

I'm able at the moment to be on the main computer, so have my logins/bookmarks, here is one interesting clip:  http://s632.photobucket.com/albums/uu45/vicmarc/?albumview=slideshow .... By the way how long is any day..     ???    amazing work.

David
"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times,"  By Dickens ''''

Offline Philip Greenwood

• bronze
  • Professional Woodturner. North Yorkshire
    • Woodturning into Art
Re: Glenn Lucas
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 10:53:38 PM »
Wow

That's Glenn at his best.

If you look at the link below you can see Glenn turning and see the speed he turns bowls.

http://www.youtube.com/user/GlennLucasWoodTurner

Philip

Offline woodndesign

• platinum
  • Cannock Staffordshire
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 11:55:30 PM »

Well done on finding that, Philip, he takes some big cuts there, I've seen something like them before,(the videos) I'd posted him making the top and three off pieces from one blank, will have to check my bookmarked on my computer, as the wife is off it at the moment well go check, cheers for the find.

David

Offline Martin Lawrence

• Global Moderator
  • gold
  • Kidderminster Worcestershire
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2011, 04:01:19 PM »
Big cuts look good but Glen is already suffering from back strain and he's only in his early 30's, thats how he made over 1500 bowls last year. I will continue to take my time and preserve the back.

Cheers Martin.
Martin Lawrence

Glenn Lucas

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2011, 12:19:49 PM »
Big cuts look good but Glen is already suffering from back strain and he's only in his early 30's, thats how he made over 1500 bowls last year. I will continue to take my time and preserve the back.

Cheers Martin.

Hi Martin,

Just to let you know that I do not suffer any problems with my back. I use the forklift as much as possible to preserve my back and maybe this is where I have been misquoted. There is always a constant fear of repetitive strain injury and that is why I rotate the type of work I do during the day.
I am 36 and hope to be involved in production for another 30years. I also get a lot of my material delivered in plank form to save myself from days with the chainsaw as this has resulted in back problems with other production turners.

best wishes.
Glenn

Glenn Lucas

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2011, 01:36:56 PM »
Here is a link to an independent review of my new DVD Mastering woodturning Tools and Techniques. I hope this post does not break any rules

http://woodcentral.com/videos/lucas_mastering.html

Available from the Tool post http://www.toolpost.co.uk/pages/Books___Videos/VideosOfMoment/videosofmoment.html#GlennLucas

regards,
Glenn :)

Andy Coates

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2011, 04:32:35 PM »
No rules broken, Glen. You, and your healthy back, are most welcome on the forum.

Glenn Lucas

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2011, 04:56:43 PM »
No rules broken, Glen. You, and your healthy back, are most welcome on the forum.

Thanks Andy,

I may have used the bad back as an excuse to get a massage while on holidays last years and it's come back to haunt me.

Offline woodndesign

• platinum
  • Cannock Staffordshire
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2011, 01:36:57 AM »

Glen,

Thank you so much for your post and visit to the forum, which we hope will be many to come.
Will be watching for what is new with you, till then the very best of health for the future.

David

Glenn Lucas

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2011, 08:43:23 AM »

Glen,

Thank you so much for your post and visit to the forum, which we hope will be many to come.
Will be watching for what is new with you, till then the very best of health for the future.

David

Thanks David,

Busy weeks ahead here with Ray Key arriving tomorrow for 5 days to teach and I start to film my second DVD on bowl turning when he leaves.
I am trying to build up a large amount of stock so I can take a few weeks away from production.

Offline woodndesign

• platinum
  • Cannock Staffordshire
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2011, 03:08:36 AM »

Glenn, See it's a sell out for Saturday with Ray, enjoy and have the usual good time, best of luck with it and the DVD, take care.

David

Offline Jim

• bronze
    • Penturners
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2012, 12:23:25 PM »
I have looked many times at Glenn Lucas's videos on Youtube, an amazing turner. One day i will purchase his vids ...  ;)

Offline John D Smith

• platinum
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2012, 04:05:47 PM »
Hi Glenn, Welcome to the AWGB Forum, I have just been looking at the links that David & Phillip put on and I enjoyed them very much.The best of luck with your second DVD I look forward to getting this when it is out,I enjoyed the first one can't wait for the second.  :)

Regards John

« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 04:07:53 PM by John D Smith »
John Smith

Offline Bryan Milham

• Administrator
  • platinum
  • I’ve had my patience tested; I’m negative
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2012, 06:10:25 PM »
I heard a couple of the pro's I know discussing a forthcoming Ireland visit at Yandles yesterday and wondered what was coming off. Anything to do with this?
Oh Lord, Lead me not into temptation…

...Oh who am I kidding, follow me, I know a shortcut!