Author Topic: what camera ?  (Read 4310 times)

Offline TWiG

• gold
what camera ?
« on: March 31, 2013, 09:13:43 PM »
What cameras are you guys using to post on here as it flatly ( after much time ) refuses to accept any of my attempts to post one !!   Terry.....

Offline Bryan Milham

• Administrator
  • platinum
  • I’ve had my patience tested; I’m negative
Re: what camera ?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2013, 09:37:48 PM »
TWiG,

I've got to ask, and sorry if you've already been through this,

what size of files are you trying to post? There is a max size of 2Mb per post and max of 4 pics, so that's no more than 500kb each. Most camera's these days take 6Mb+ images. So are you reducing them too manageable sizes for posting.

and what type of files? is your camera set to use .RAW or one of the more esoteric file types?
Oh Lord, Lead me not into temptation…

...Oh who am I kidding, follow me, I know a shortcut!

Paul Disdle

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2013, 09:51:31 PM »
I use several different cameras, then open up the pictures in picassa (free download) then export them from there at reduced size.

Paul

There are several websites like webresizer.com that will prep your photos for you

Offline John D Smith

• platinum
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2013, 10:21:35 PM »
I also use Picasa 3 and you can set the size to automatic down size when exporting I use 640 X 480 pixels.

Regards John 
John Smith

Offline julcle

• platinum
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2013, 11:34:20 AM »
You don't see many of my photos but I use MS Picture Manager that comes with  Microsoft Office, You will find it in the Tools Section of your Programme files if you use office that is. Just resize it to web publishing and all is fine. You need to use the attach: function that is availbale by opening the  additional options just under the reply box to add the photo in JPG. form rather than the Insert Image button in the button tool bar (I have never been able to get this one working either).  If you still have problems send me a pm and I will see if I can do a step by step for you.  Julian
Crowvalley Woodturners
Julian

woody

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2013, 11:50:28 AM »
I use imageshack http://imageshack.us/ upload at 6oo x 400 then copy and paste in the forum code

Offline Eric Harvey

• platinum
  • Craters project no.1
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2013, 12:12:58 PM »
I use a Kodak easy share Z650,still works ok,but could do with  a faster shutter speed as the shaky hands are getting worse,I use a tripod and timer mostly now to stop the camera shake I always get with hand held pics,regards,

Eric.
welcome to my woodturning world

Offline Eric Harvey

• platinum
  • Craters project no.1
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2013, 12:14:22 PM »
oh,and I go on Piccasa and reduce the size from standard to 800 so the pics fit with the site perameters
welcome to my woodturning world

Mark Sanger

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2013, 02:40:35 PM »
Hi Terry

Have you sorted this yet, ?.

It would be great to see some of your work.

The type of camera is pretty irrelevant, as long as it is digital, if you are trying to upload from a 35mm I don;t think it will work. ;D

Offline woodndesign

• platinum
  • Cannock Staffordshire
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2013, 06:59:04 PM »

Camera wise I use a Canon EOS 300D which interchanges with my sellection of 35mm lenses, once I've managed to download the disk onto ACDSee Pro which is used for the imaging business,  I convert them to size then transfer to a file on desktop which is opened and image loaded via additional options... Attach: Browse...  I did use Flickr and transfer location to Insert Image .. it depends on how you want to load the picture.

Cheers   David

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times,"  By Dickens ''''